Sola School for Contemplative Arts Presents-
The Art of Teaching - 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training
June 11 - July 8, 2017
A 4-week immersion in beautiful Portland, OR
with Sarah Trelease & Renee Sills
Sola School's 200-hour yoga teacher training program is a contemplative and alignment-oriented approach to the essentials of yoga practice and teaching. It is a study of the self in relationship: to the self, to others, to gravity, to space and environment. The immersion format is a transformative process that facilitates deep self-growth, clarity, and commitment to your deepest purpose and intention. You will develop your teaching skills, strengthen your working understanding of yoga alignment, anatomy, meditation, pranayama, and yoga philosophy. You will develop your unique voice to lead, guide and share from your experience in integrated, authentic and meaningful ways. You will learn how to sequence and teach classes in the Hatha-flow style, giving you a working understanding and ability to teach both Vinyasa and Hatha yoga.
We offer this program once per year as a 4-week intensive. Participants can expect an immersive experience that includes approximately 40 hours of class time per week as well as additional reading and group assignments.
Dive Deep Into Your Practice
Are you interested in exploring yoga more deeply, but not certain you want to be a yoga teacher? You are welcome here! This training is an immersion into practice, philosophy and the creative exploration of how we manifest in the world. Learning to teach is a tool for developing clarity of intention, self awareness and communication skills that will serve you in all parts of your life. In this in-depth study, we’ll use our own experiences on and off the mat, practicing with the inherent wisdom of success and adversity to learn how to be helpful to others.
At the completion of the month-long immersion, students will begin a six-month study period. This will be optional for those simply taking the course to deepen your practice. Those of you wishing to become certified will use this time to—among other things—develop and teach a 90-minute final class.
In this training you will:
- Develop a clarity of intention and authenticity that is grounded in the practice of svadyaya (self-study).
- Dive deep into consistent study of asana, pranayama and meditation, developing skill and awareness in your own practice.
- Discover how yogic and Buddhist teachings are relevant to you today, and how by delving into these ancient wisdom practices you can create deep personal transformation.
- Learn the foundations of anatomy specific to yoga practice.
- Learn clear asana alignment based on an anatomical understanding of the body.
- Learn intelligent sequencing that gives you the tools to design safe, effective yoga classes suitable for any student.
- Learn and practice the skills of communication, knowing and speaking to the students in front of you with grounded clarity.
- Explore the roots of yoga, gaining a working knowledge of the influences of various schools and how they relate to our modern practice.
* This program is Yoga Alliance Approved and upon completion of all requirements, you are eligible for application to the Yoga Alliance for 200 hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) status. Additionally, you can apply to any 500 hour yoga teacher training program for continued education.
“Sarah and Renee’s YTT program offered a fresh perspective of yoga to me. I came away from the training with a wider sense of what yoga is, and what yoga can be. Their individual and collective creativity, sense of humor, dedication to personal practice, and ability to hold space for their students is inspiring. Sarah and Renee use concise language, that encourages working from within the body; this allows an authentic experience of individual anatomy and process. As co- teachers, they consciously blend their knowledge and styles, to create a unique, comprehensive training program for anyone looking to deepen their practice. ”
— Jin Camou
Send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRACTICE & PRESENCE - Beginning September 2015
300-hour Advanced Studies Program
with Sarah Trelease, Renee Sills, and guest teachers
The Advanced Studies Program addresses needs of teachers and practitioners who are wanting to refine their personal practice and teaching, and explore layers of more subtle awareness in the unfolding of their personal intention and process. A strong emphasis on somatic awareness and contemplative practice supports our growing offerings of special topics and applications in yoga and creative therapies.
The program’s modular structure is designed to be as accessible as possible to accommodate working schedules. Workshops can be taken on a rolling basis as a part of the program or individually. Ten weekend workshops and a 10-week online study course comprise the core program and are required by those who wish to receive a certificate of completion. In addition to the core curriculum participants must complete an additional 7 weekend workshops courses and approximately 50 hours of homework and mentorship. Elective workshops can either be chosen as a "track" with a focused area of interest, or alternately participants might choose to spread their elective hours over a wider range of therapeutic applications.
Due to the modular nature of the program participants have the option of accumulating the required courses and completing homework and mentorship needs at their convenience. For those wishing for a more expedited process, the total amount of courses and homework hours required will take a minimum of 18 months to complete.
*This program will be Yoga Alliance Approved and upon completion of all requirements, you will be eligible for application to the Yoga Alliance for 500 hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) status.